Minister Frances Fitzgerald came on to discuss her ideas for child benefit; my main concern is that the cuts won’t be matched by investment in childcare or other service provision, but fall into a hole as the €35m ‘ringfenced’ for mental health did just before Christmas. I asked her about that.
On a less serious note, we also discussed TV including the series Revenge, which I love because it reminds me of Sunset Beach. Thanks to the lads at ramp.ie, here’s a reminder of the amazingness of Sunset Beach.
And a reminder:
But enough of Sunset Beach! You can watch the full broadcast of RTÉ Today here.
- Child benefit cuts will see four-child family lose out by €696 (independent.ie)
- Child benefit cut by €10 plus drug fees doubled – The Budget (misebogland.wordpress.com)
- Why Some People Will Get Hit Very Hard (notesonthefront.typepad.com)
- Families faced with ‘impossible decisions’ after tax, child benefit changes (independent.ie)
- ‘Children must not be made pay for our errors’ (independent.ie)